Having a baby is such a wonderful experience for every man and woman. A child is considered to be one of the most precious gifts from God. On the other hand, not every couple is given the chance to become a parent. Whilst there’s more pressure to reproduce, there are benefits behind not having a child. If you’re debating if having a baby is one thing that you wish to do in life then it will be good for you to weigh the pros & cons of being a parent before you make your final decision.
The 4 Pros of Having a Baby
The following are the benefits that you can experience from having a child:
1. It is a life-changing experience. A baby will let you pass your genetic materials to the succeeding generation.
2. He or she will allow you to forward your experiences as well as your philosophies in life to the following generation. Your child will be someone who will love you absolutely.
3. It can also help in strengthening your relationship with your husband or wife while it gives your life a totally new beginning.
4. Finally, from the less sentimental standpoint, having a child could also save the life of somebody you love. It is because the umbilical cord blood can be used in treating and relieving various forms of cancers.
The 4 Cons of Having a Baby
While a baby is a wonderful and lovable addition to your life, becoming a parent also comes with certain negative ideas. The following are the disadvantages of having a baby:
1. It will cost you more. It is said that having a child is pricey. This idea sounds ridiculous, isn’t it? What it means is that you have to bring your baby to a pediatrician not only for once but for several times. He or she needs to have a regular visit to his or her doctor.
2. A baby also requires more attention so you will be spending more time for him or her. Since a 24-hour care and supervision is required when you have a baby, you’ll have to change your schedule so that all needs will be met. This will be very hard for a couple who are both working professionals. Also, this practice will take more time since a child requires supervision and much attention for the first two years of his or her life.
3. Another con of having a baby is that as he or she grows, he or she will consume more and more household’s resources. This situation can cause problems on your finances as well as on your emotional health.
4. Having a child would also mean that you have to modify your lifestyle. Instead of going out every night to have a drink and spend time with your friends, you will prefer to spend most of your time at home for the sake of your child.
How Do You Feel about Having a Baby?
Having a baby is one of the dreams of most individuals especially the women. If you are planning to get married someday, for sure, having a baby is the next thing that will come in your list of dreams in life. Do you think that having a baby is a discouraging situation in life? What can you say about it?