The Industrial revolution was a time of rapid growth and change throughout America and Europe. Innovations in machinery, methods, and techniques of producing goods opened up an entirely new world. More goods where able to be produced, and in a shorter amount of time. This is owed to advancements in architecture, agriculture, transportation, and communication. It provided a great amount of jobs for people, improving the quality of life, but it also had it’s drawbacks.
The 6 Pros of The Industrial Revolution
1. As an effect of industrialization, classes in the well being of people increased. Nations started to identify national pride and identities. It increased wealth.
2. Factories that produce quality products have increased in numbers rapidly. The production rate is multiplied because of the innovation in machinery. As a result of the mass production of goods, the price of products decreased resulting to enhanced quality living. It provides life full of comfort and convenience.
3. Comfortable, strong and cheaper houses were built every day. Cheaper and fashionable clothes were designed. New appliances were invented and upgraded slowly as time passes by. It made people’s infinitely easier.
4. The means of transportation changed enormously. It became cheaper, faster and very comfortable. Easier travel opened up new areas to many people.
5. The increase in production was associated to the hike in trade. It produces new jobs and it increases the employment rate.
6. Cities grew and offer a lot of work and opportunity. It makes a lot of people to become successful in life.
The 6 Cons of Industrial Revolution
1. Working from other factories is exhausting. It causes long working hours, it has bad working conditions, and there are times that it causes illness and death. There are cases that factory workers got caught by uncovered machinery resulting to injury or death. The dust and fumes from chemical factories can also harm a person’s health.
2. Industrialization in modern cities attracts immigrants. It promises a good life but not all were lucky. It causes overcrowded cities and slum areas appeared.
3. Industrialization comes with pollution. Factories, automobiles and aircrafts produces unthinkable air pollution to some advanced cities in the world. Chemicals and wastes that were not properly disposed causes water and land pollution. The condition of the environment is at stake because of the industrialization.
4. Some machines took the place of human labor resulting to high unemployment rate for those people who lack competencies and skills.
Because of this, those who cannot look for a better job to earn for living were forced to commit crime just to support their families.
5. New lifestyle trend means new invented products. Some of these are the main cause of lifestyle diseases like diabetes, heart attack, cancer and a lot more.
6. Another negative result of industrialization is that it brought a negative impact on culture, values and morality of mankind. Technology drives the shift in principles, beliefs and faith.
How Do You Feel About Industrial Revolution?
The effect of Industrial Revolution changed the course of the planet. It changes the life of everyone but it comes in two sides; the bad and the good. The deliberation about this subject never dies. How do you feel about it?