Coal is one of the most useful things that are often used by most people due to the benefits that it provides. It has been used for many years and it is the included in the list of the most significant sources of energy. It is offered at a very low cost and it is relatively abundant. According to a survey, this is very first option for the majority of people and power plants in different countries. It is true that coal is a great source of energy; that’s why all people give it a high level of importance.
Coal can really provide essential and valuable benefits to people. That’s why coal mining is getting even more popular. But, some individuals avoid utilizing coal due to its disadvantages. Even though coal can provide lots of benefits, it can still cause problems that can affect even the humans.
The Advantages of Coal
- Low Cost – This is the most affordable form and source of energy. China and India are some of the countries that offer coal at a very affordable price.
- Abundance – Coal is everywhere. In this case, you can easily found it in different parts of the world. If you are interested to look for it, you must go to China, India, and USA. These are the countries that are abundant in coal.
- Low Capital Investment – The capital investment of coal in most power plants is very low.
- Reliable, Continuous, and Predictable Source of Power – The based energy from coal might produce for about 24×7 rather than in the other forms of renewable energy such as solar and wind.
The Disadvantages Of Coal
- Death – Coal mining is one of the main reasons why lots of people die. Because of this, the government created several policies in order to lessen that increasing rate of death.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions – Coal can generate carbon dioxide that has been collected for several years from the dead bodies of both animals and plants.
- Destruction of Habitat – Due to the increasing number of coal mining, destruction of habitat is happening in different countries. This is the main reasons why some animals leave their habitat and others die.
- Displaced of Human Living – Just like the animals, some communities are forced to move to in a relocation site by some companies just to gain coals. Because of this, they are experiencing difficulties in their everyday living.
- Dangerous to the Health – Coal is also compos of elements that are harmful into the lungs. That’s why most coal miners often wear mask in order to keep their lungs healthy and free from serious illnesses.
Because of this information with regard to the advantages and disadvantages of coal, you will see that coal is also included in the things in this world that provide benefits and issues into the people. In this case, it will depend on you if you will use coal in your everyday living.