The introduction of the internet in a worldwide scale of industries brought a lot of changes in every aspect of business and affects a lot of crucial sectors in every country across the globe. The internet technology made a lot of impossible to become possible most especially in terms of communication and data transfer. Speaking of data, the advent of internet technology also changed the approach on how the companies all over the world store and process their data. Because of the internet technology, a huge number of websites emerged over the web for the past couple of decades.
Websites contains a lot of data for its content. Without it, websites will not exist and in order for a website to appear on the internet, it needs a server. This is where the cloud computing will enter. Cloud computing can be represented by a cloud symbol in diagrams presenting the complex connection of the internet. Cloud computing involves a wide range of computing services such as cloud hosting and cloud data storage. The purpose of these is to make all the data of a particular website and company data become available over the internet anytime, anywhere. With this technology, your data doesn’t necessarily needed to be on site and it can be accessed anywhere. Because of this kind of structure, the biggest question now is the safety of your data if you will avail for the cloud services or is it more convenient than having a private server?
Now, to answer every question that may pop-up into people’s mind, Here are some of advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing. It is important to raise your awareness about this matter to weigh things around and to discover something about cloud computing. Is it helpful if you have a company or not? Does it comes with a lot of positive impact in your company or not. So, keep on reading to know more about it.
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
• The most possible disadvantage of cloud computing services is the possible breach of your documents privacy. Since you don’t have the data in your own office and it is stored in other location elsewhere, there is a big possibility that your data might be accessed by other body. However, this is just a possibility.
• You don’t actually know where the server is located so there are tendency again that your data may be affected by the local law where the server is located.
• If in case a computer virus breaks into the servers and you don’t have any back-up of data in your own. Your data is in great jeopardy.
• This can be a very impractical option for huge companies.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
• One of the benefits of availing cloud computing servers is that it cost lesser than private servers. If a company have other sister companies, they can enjoy the benefit of sharing a data by only paying a single account.
• You can access your needed data whenever and wherever you need it. If you are in a business travel and you brought a lot of homework and you need to access your company data, this option is very optima for this kind of scenario.
• The time frame of setting this up is very minimal compared to private servers.
• Cloud computing comes with a back-up system so you don’t have to worry about data loss.
To know about the advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing can help you a lot to come-up with a smart decision if you want a server for your company’s data handling and allocation. Hopefully, you acquired some important knowledge here.